The story continues!  Did you miss the first bit, check it out.

Quick Recap:
I have enough credits to graduate next quarter, but ITT is trying to tell me that I have more classes to take, and more money to spend.  I’ve been playing e-mail tag with various members of the staff as they dodge and feign ignorance. I recently emailed the assistant dean –aka baby dean- and he just got back to me.

The Excuses:
  1. The amount of credits to graduate (180) is the minimum needed to graduate. --Not sure how that can be used as an excuse for me having to take more classes.  I've met the minimum required to graduate, right?  So why do I need, to take more?
  2.  I graduated from the CNS course and then went directly into ISS, this “path” is different than a student who takes CNS courses directly into ISS. People who take option one need 96 credits for CNS and ISS, people who take option two only need the 180(I think, this was not answered).  --Confused?  I am too.  I started ITT with the goal of a BA in ISS, so how did I wind up on this other path?  Also how does this even matter? All the credits were obtained from the same school, with no gap in attendance.  All the courses I took were assigned by ITT, and are all part of the same program; computer networking, so how do some not count?
Overall it sounds like a well planned scheme to get students to pay for extra courses. They make you take extra courses in CNS, which don’t matter at all if you are going for a BA. Then they hope you don’t notice that you are taking more courses then you should need to.

So I voiced my concerns about the above, and now “we need to have a face-to-face conversation.” What could possibly be said in person that couldn’t be written in an email?  The only thing that needs to be answered is if ITT can hit a button in the computer and fix the issue, or if you need to refund me for the classes you made me take that count for nothing. 

And of course, in typical ITT fashion they want to meet at 3pm on Friday because they leave at 4pm. Yeah, I take night classes because I am available at 3pm on Fridays right?  I have a job…

ITT Staff Party
If 90%+ of the student body attends at night, what the hell are you doing going home at 4pm every day? You actually expect people to take time off from work for the honor of talking to you? Idiots. So now I am waiting to hear back about what staff is available during class hours, so we can have our face to face, and baby dean can waste more of my time.

If you currently attend ITT and can’t just drop it and go to a normal college, I suggest you talk to your recruiter and find out if you are on the “pay more money” path ASAP. Because they certainly are not going to tell you that if you take these classes they don't count for anything later. 

Categories:

Leave a Reply