ITT Technical Institute -  A magnificent school, established on honor and principals that matter.

Today, class was stopped mid lecture.  I didn’t smell smoke, and there didn’t appear to be an earthquake happening; so why was class stopped? The answer wouldn’t come quite yet, but all students were asked to immediately go down to the lab area and wait for the teacher. 

Maybe it was a bomb threat? But who would want to blow up such a shining example of teaching technology in schools?  Finally, my teacher arrived; what was going on? Are we in danger?  Is this 9/11 all over again? 

Silence….  And then he spoke. 

“All students must log into your accounts, go to the itt student portal, and fill out your student surveys”

WTF?!

You stopped class and herded us all down into a lab, just to fill out student surveys?  What a joke.  But wait!  The teacher then explains that if I fill out the survey he will increase my grade in class!  WOW!  I can increase my GPA by just filling out student surveys, that will surely be useful out in the real world. It was certainly worth stopping class for this, and don't mind the money I spent to be taught something.

Categories:

2 Responses so far.

  1. Dave says:

    I completely agree with everything you have written on this site.

    I am also "trapped" at ITT Tech in San Antonio, TX and they have backed me into a corner. I just finished my capstone project for my bachelors in which my class size was two (2) people. Me and one other.

    Yet, this quarter where I still have to get through three more classes, they have only given me one class because two of them are only available at the same time on the same day and the other is not offered at the moment because of a lack of students to fill the class for the quarter.

    Now, I either have to A) take one class and pay out of pocket or take out more student loans and have them create a payment plan for me or B) take the quarter off and take all three classes together, two of these classes are not technologically-imperative (environmental issues and ethics).

    Needless to say, I 100% regret going to this school as it has been a huge waste of my time and a waste of a lot of money. Considering I just got married about a year ago and I have an 8 month old son, these student loans + interest are going to destroy my life since I will only have my current job making $35k/year as the market is saturated and salaries are stagnant.

    I will have to pay a majority of my money to student loans and will not be able to afford some things for my family, necessities or otherwise.

    If you are someone exploring your options for colleges or universities to go to and you've considered ITT-Tech, do not. It is not a school, it is a business and they are there to make money, not care for you.

    You WILL pass the entrance exam and they WILL do the same thing to you they did to me; they will pat you on the back and tell you how you've passed it with among the top ten scores they've seen. The test is basic math and logic.

    The truth is they are not there to provide you with the best education possible and care for you and your future. They are, as previously mentioned, a business and they are there to make money, give you a slip of paper and throw you back out into a saturated market where you have 6 months to find a "career" (I use the term loosely now) that pays enough to live comfortably and still pay off the ridiculous amount of student loans.

    Do not attend this "school / business". You WILL regret it.

  2. Josh says:

    Sorry you didn't read this early enough to prevent you from attending. :\

    I am hoping though!

Leave a Reply